/ricerca/ansaen/search.shtml?any=
Show less

Se hai scelto di non accettare i cookie di profilazione e tracciamento, puoi aderire all’abbonamento "Consentless" a un costo molto accessibile, oppure scegliere un altro abbonamento per accedere ad ANSA.it.

Ti invitiamo a leggere le Condizioni Generali di Servizio, la Cookie Policy e l'Informativa Privacy.

Puoi leggere tutti i titoli di ANSA.it
e 10 contenuti ogni 30 giorni
a €16,99/anno

  • Servizio equivalente a quello accessibile prestando il consenso ai cookie di profilazione pubblicitaria e tracciamento
  • Durata annuale (senza rinnovo automatico)
  • Un pop-up ti avvertirà che hai raggiunto i contenuti consentiti in 30 giorni (potrai continuare a vedere tutti i titoli del sito, ma per aprire altri contenuti dovrai attendere il successivo periodo di 30 giorni)
  • Pubblicità presente ma non profilata o gestibile mediante il pannello delle preferenze
  • Iscrizione alle Newsletter tematiche curate dalle redazioni ANSA.


Per accedere senza limiti a tutti i contenuti di ANSA.it

Scegli il piano di abbonamento più adatto alle tue esigenze.

Meloni cancels engagements to focus on tariffs

Meloni cancels engagements to focus on tariffs

Premier had been scheduled to open Calabrian Carabinieri station

ROME, 03 April 2025, 10:33

ANSA English Desk

ANSACheck
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Premier Giorgia Meloni has cancelled the engagements she had planned for Thursday in order to focus on action that needs to be taken following the introduction of new tariffs by the United States government, her office said.
    On Thursday the premier had been scheduled to attend the inauguration of a Carabinieri police station in Limbadi, in the Calabrian province of Vibo Valentia.
    On Wednesday Meloni expressed criticism after US President Donald Trump announced a series of hefty tariffs, including 20% duties on EU goods, and said she would keep working for an agreement to prevent a trade war.
    "The introduction of tariffs by the United States against the European Union is a measure that I consider wrong and that does not benefit any of the parties involved," the premier's office said in a statement.
    "We will do everything we can to work towards an agreement with the United States, with the goal of averting a trade war that would inevitably weaken the West to the advantage of other global players.
    "In any case, we will, as always, act in the interest of Italy and its economy, also by coordinating with our European partners".
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA

Not to be missed

Share

See also

Or use

ANSA Corporate

If it is news,
it is an ANSA.

We have been collecting, publishing and distributing journalistic information since 1945 with offices in Italy and around the world. Learn more about our services.